Friday, November 11, 2005

Small Town Boredom

I have never minded living in a small town. As a teenager with a driver's license, living in a small town was your ticket to the family car. If you wanted to go see a movie, you had to drive. As an "adult" I discovered both the positive and negative aspects of a small town. But on a day like today, I am wishing I lived in a larger town. I have the day off of student teaching and I have nothing to do. My husband and sister are working and all of my friends have headed elsewhere for the weekend. I would enjoy window shopping, but window shopping is not fun at Wal-Mart. Oh sure, I could be grading the million projects the students completed. But I thought I'd take the day off. Heck, I got up at 8 and completely cleaned the bedroom. Small town life can be boring and today is one of those days.

No comments: