Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Bumping Into Old High School "Friends"

Four and a half years after graduating from a small town, many of my classmates have moved on. Yes, some have stayed, but for the most part, many have left the small town life in search of something more exciting. I started my middle school student teaching experience today at Leo Jr./Sr. High School and to my surpise, I ran into a "friend" from high school. I put friend in quotes because we shared a mutual friend. I haven't talked to this "friend" in four and half years and BAM! There she is, sitting in my classroom, observing me and my supervising teacher for an Educational Psychology course. God's timing is odd. I feel like she was placed in my classroom for a reason. Maybe I can help her through the extensive exit portfolio requirement. Whatever the reason, I feel called to become a true friend to her. God's time is odd!

No comments: