Monday, March 19, 2007

Fun Weekend

It was a good weekend, despite my cold. I've been fighting this cold for a couple of days and thanks to some help from Zicam I thought I was ahead of it, but it seems to be kicking my butt again this morning.

I spent most of Saturday morning just being lazy and resting. Ayron had his first performance of the first third of his play at church. He did a great job and might I say that we have a cute daughter (he plays the father of a 10 year old girl)! Leah and Ayron's parents came with us to church and all three of them, plus one more, are coming back next Saturday! Yeah!! We were going to hang out with Ayron's parents after church, but they had us invite our group out to the house to watch the basketball tournament. It was cool! I don't think they'll ever admit it, but they like having a house full of chaos, and I'm sure Tom enjoyed having two little boys around.

I spent Sunday morning doing some light housework since my back had been hurting. We have a chiropractor appointment this Wednesday and I was trying not to push it, but I apparently did, because it is all I can do to sit up straight this morning. We took Scooter out to Phil and Nikki's in the afternoon for some puppy socializing. Brutus, their 100lb. St. Bernard loved playing with Scooter and getting all muddy. While they were playing, I did something I never thought I do. I went mudding. It was hilarious!!! Phil and Nikki just got two new 4 wheelers and the big one can go up to 85 mph. The back lot was muddy, and I knew what I was getting into, but I didn't think I'd get as muddy as I did! It was hilarious. We took turns doing rooster tails and coating each other in mud. The girls had fun racing Ayron and myself around the yard and over the hill. It was fun to do something as a family, and to watch JoEllen do her famous gasp and I gunned it and jumped the hill with McKenna on the back. Needless to say, it was a lot of messy fun!!

I also met Charlie Sunday night. Read the previous post and take a guess at who Charlie is.

No comments: