Thursday, March 29, 2007

Last Saturday

Ayron and I attend New Hope in Waterloo on Saturday nights. Nathan blogged about something exciting happening at church. I was all excited and let's just say that my excitement was justified. We had a violinist. A violinist. It was awesome! It was a young man, I'm guessing around 16 or 17ish. A violinist is rare, but a young male violinist is even rarer. It truly was a moving worship service. I loved watching the drama unfold, and while I know the drama (my husbands in it) I was still moved by watching the performance. I truly felt the presence of God in the building. It was just what I needed. I found myself getting lost in worship, and being truthful, that hasn't happened for me in a long time. It's when I get lost in worship that I truly listen to what God has to say to me and I'm open to receive His words.

The sermon was just as wonderful. I have an "undo" button and it is so awesome to truly realize that. I had felt like a major screw up lately, but later that night I found myself using my "undo" button during prayer with Him. It is truly refreshing to get lost in worship and then use your "undo" button.

I'm getting chills right now just thinking about the worship. I may just have to order a cd. It was truly awesome and I hope the violinist plays again this weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carma,
It's great to hear such a great report! Awesome! i'm glad you were surprised, and found it worshipful. we hope to continue to offer such worshipful, unique experiences.

rock on!

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for those comments! I'm glad you enjoyed the violinist. He was a special guest musician that we had come in for this special Risen to Reign Series, you won't see him again this week. BUT - there are other great things in store in the weeks ahead.