Tuesday, March 06, 2007

You've Got To Be Kidding Me!

So, I woke up early, took the dog for a walk, and settled on the couch to watch some "Good Morning America." Ayron was up with me and we were both appalled by what we saw. They did a short excerpt from something that is going to play on "Primetime: Outsiders." There is a guy in Texas claiming to be Jesus Christ. Sure, his names is Spanish for Jesus, but that doesn't make him THE Jesus. He is an ex con to add icing to the cupcake! He has a tattoo of the mark of the beast, and also wears it on his vest. He has convinced people he is Christ. How dumb is America that they believe him? Do they really think that Jesus would come back as an ex con wearing the mark of the beast, a Rolex, and driving around in a pathfinder? I am going to watch the episode of the show though. I'm curious as to what he is saying and how people are falling for it. I want to know what this guy is "feeding" his flock. Is anyone else bothered by this? I don't know what bugs me more, the fact that this guy tells people he is Jesus Christ, or the fact that ABC is going to devote a whole hour to his crap? I know that ABC would retort with some comment about, "Well, the show is called 'Outsiders' and we're merely trying to report on what is out there....blah blah blah." I'm just disguisded.

2 comments:

todd helmkamp said...

Yeah, I know about this clown. What a joke.

It does suck, but it's important to remember that Jesus said this would happen, and that many would believe in these false Christs. It's really sad. :(

Anonymous said...

Sounds curiously like a book I just finished reading called The Messiah of Morris Avenue. I love how the narrator, a reporter, is always on his guard against so-called "messiahs," calling his collection of them his "Nut Log." Funny stuff. Good book too.