Monday, March 26, 2007

Internal Monologue

It's a good thing that we have an internal monologue that no one else can hear. If it were made audible, I would stick my foot in my mouth on a daily basis, more so than I already do.

I have experienced failure in something I have been striving for, only to discover that a friend of mine has experienced success. While I am genuinely excited for my friend, I can't help but be hurt. I've struggled and failed, they hardly put forth any effort and have succeeded. It's frustrating. I don't know if the battle to succeed is more exhausting or if it is the battle to not be mad at those who have succeeded. It's not their fault they succeed the first time and I'll have to try again. It's just frustrating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you trying to quit smoking again?

;-)