Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Am I Flexible?

I like to think that I am a pretty mellow person. I try to stay calm, but at times I lose it. This weekend I discovered that I have become very good at hiding my panic.

Friday afternoon turned into a testing situation for me. I knew that I had people coming to the house to cook hot dogs. I spent Thursday evening and Friday morning making sure the house looked somewhat presentable. Well, to make a long story short, the grill wouldn't work and I ended up boiling about 700 hot dogs. I was getting very frustrated. Not at the people, at the whole situation. I wasn't feeling well, and I know that is not an excuse, but it did not help the situation. It just seemed like chaos. Everything did come together, but I still just felt panicked all evening. I couldn't really relax and enjoy the company of the people I was with.

What has happened to cause me to lose my patience? Did I ever have any to begin with? Will it come back? I sure hope it does.

No comments: