Thursday, September 27, 2007

Looking In

Have you ever looked at your life as an outsider? Imagined how people see you and compare that to how you actually are at home. I recommend it, it can be very insightful.

As I was driving to work I was feeling a bit down about some things and I passed someone I know. I thought, "Now they have it all together. Great spouse, nice house, good job, etc." Then I wondered, "I wonder if they have any problems?" Of course we all have problems, we all don't share them, but we all have them. It sounds sick, but it made me feel better to realize that everyone has struggles.

I then wondered how our opinion of everyone would change if we all knew each others problems. Would be love them the same? I hope so, but deep down I know that would change some peoples minds.

No comments: