Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Emotions....Arg.

It seems that my emotions are in full gear. I was thinking about a past situation during my car ride to work and decided to blog about it. When I got to work, I read a disturbing email and my previous idea will wait.

I grew up with someone and while we were close in elementary school, we went our ways in middle and high school. We went to the same college (before I moved home) but never really crossed paths. I think we may have emailed a couple of times, but that was about it.

Recently we have gotten back into each other's lives. I love it. It's someone to "remember when" with. We are constantly asking each other questions because our upbringing and personalities are very similar.

Without going into details, he is going through a rough time with the love of his life. She is here in Indiana finishing up college while he is establishing himself in Everett Washington. I know that is must be hard, heck it's hard fo rme and we aren't together! They have hit a rough spot. As I was reading his email I began to bawl. I couldn't help it. I had to make myself stop typing and make copies so I could allow my eyes some time to clear.

I guess my question is how do I comfort him from so far away? I can't go over and say "hi." I can't drop a misery loves company candy basket by his apartment. I don't even know if the words I wrote will be of any comfort. I have not been in a situation like the one he is in. Well, sort of, but that was a dumb high school situation, not a real life one. He is a very devout Chrisitian and I am thinking of spending the day looking up verses in hopes they inspire hope and provide comfort. I have sat here and cried and prayed for him for the past ten minutes, but I would like to think that I can do more. I just wish I knew what to do to help him.

No comments: