Friday, September 14, 2007

Oh Happy Day...

Once again, work is slow. The schools haven't sent me any kids for the day program, and with ISTEP being next week, I'm pretty sure I won't get any then either.

When I got back from lunch with K, I had a message from my office secretary saying UPS had delievered a package for me. "Yeah rah," I thought. "My urine sample cups are in." Needless to say, I didn't rush right over to get the package. After discovering I had nothing to do, I made myself make the trek across the street to get the package.

I had forgotten that I ordered a lot of free things from www.teachingtolerance.org If anyone out there is a teacher and is looking for free resources, this site is amazing. I have fallen in love with the "One World" poster set. I can't wait to watch the three movies I ordered as well. They all focus around tolerance (hence the site name) and they all came with state standard lesson plans. The best part (well, besides being free) is that the lesson plans are cross curriculum. They have Language Arts lessons, Science lessons, Math, etc. I am so excited. I don't know if I'll be able to adapt any of them for activities with my after school program, but I can defiantly use them when I return to a public school.

If anyone who works with youth is looking for free tolerance materials, I highly recommend that site. It's great.

No comments: