Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I felt it, I think....I hope...

Sunday Ayron and I drug a bunch of clothes to the laundry mat. I am in the process of packing away summer clothes and unpacking fall/winter clothes. Everything needed to be washed. Why not wash at home you ask? Well, our washer has decided to become bulimic every time you try ot use her (if you have an eating disorder, that was not intended to hurt you). Ayron is supposed to pull it away from the wall and check some things, but that hasn't happened yet. So, we took everything to the laundry mat. Let me tell you, the laundry mat is an interesting place. If I had a creative writing assignment I was stuck on, I'd go there and sit. You could come up with a ton of story plots based on the people in there. Anyways, I'm getting off track.

After we loaded the washers, Ayron left to grab us some lunch. It was horribly hot in the building, so I took my book outside and sat down. As I was reading At First Sight I felt the oddest sensation. It was not a gas pain or a stomach growl. It was lower. I rubbed my flub and thought, "huh, odd." I kept reading for another couple of pages when it hit me. Taylor was kicking and I felt it! I had read in books that the first time you feel a kick it kind of feels like an odd gas pain. I think I felt Taylor kick. It is very odd, yet exciting all at the same time.

We are hoping when we go to the OBGYN next week they will be able to tell us the sex of the child. I will only be 15 weeks and 5 days (usually around week 16 they start checking). We are really hoping Taylor will be cooperative and allow us to know. I really hope we can know. I don't know if I can wait till around Halloween to find out. I think once I know the sex it will seem that much more real.

No comments: